The purpose of this guide, a Project Management “Playbook,” is to clarify the way your organization can perform Project Management and to help everyone involved in the project life cycle understand the methods adopted.
The Project Management Playbook provides a time-tested, flexible, and “just right” methodology to documenting and implementing the PMO Implementation Road Map, which includes:
- A process that begins with a very basic set of tools and training to support acclimating your staff to the process of managing projects using a standard process;
- Starting all projects at the small project level regardless of size or complexity;
- Using a set of Core Templates, and,
- Establishing an organization-specific Project Management Process.
For the high-IMPACT approach to achieving results, let the simple structure of this guide provide you the freedom to driving change through project management discipline. The Playbook includes for each phase, Discovery through Value, of the Project Management Life Cycle:
- The complete set of life cycle templates for small projects
- Plus medium and large project templates as your organization’s process evolve;
- Training videos for templates, process, and life-cycle;
- Project life cycle process workflow, and,
- Concise, easy to understand instructional information to convey the message for you and your organization.